Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Magical Year

I was told on Friday, my birthday, that 28 is a magical year. Astrologically - important things happen on your 28th, 56th, and 84th birthdays. I am hoping that this is true. I mean, who wouldn't want a magical, important year?

The entire birthday weekend was incredible. I really have some amazing, loving friends who are always there for me. Came into my station at the salon entirely decorated, with gifts and balloons and confetti and a huge tasty cupcake. Went out for drinks with friends Friday night and had a party at my parent's place on Saturday night.


S.R. Costa Photography



S.R. Costa Photography



Cory's cupcakes and a tiny birthday cake too. Cakesbycory.net

Cory's amazing cake and cupcakes

The amazing bag Sarah made for me. It's perfect for carting around my clippers and trimmers and color supplies for when I make hair house calls. And I do make house calls, if anyone is interested!


Utility bag made by Sarah Costa


B for Betsy


Shears


Inside bad

The other incredible bag I received for my birthday: A gorgeous new Coach handbag from my parents. Many thanks to all the random women who looked my age at the store that my mother stopped and asked their for their opinion. You all chose beautifully. I love it!



New Coach handbag

Calla Lilys from Crystal, along with some wine and chocolate. You cannot go wrong with that.


Pink

Music has been a driving force in my life and I am now set for awhile. iTunes gift cards from Aja, Mike and the girls at the salon. Anyone got music suggestions?


Stock up for iTunes

Also from Sarah, this inventive writer's journal, with tabs for all the inital areas of story writing.


Journal from Sarah


Journal pages

Either my friends know of my love for candles and all good smelling things or our place smells and they are trying to tell us something. I am going for the former. Candles from Kristie, Aja and Lindsay. The reed diffuser is from Kristie as well.


Plethora of candles

Lindsay got me a Sensy candle warmer and two different scents for it.

Sensy holder

Kate and Joe got Mike and I (The Freys) concert tickets to The Fray. Cute and definitely something I will throughly enjoy.


The Fray tickets!!

From my brother and his girlfriend, a gift card to Bed, Bath and beyond and from one of the girls at work, a Starbucks card.


Starbucks and Bed, Bath and Beyond

Also not photographed, earrings from Dede to grow my earring collection, wine and cds from Aja, moisturizer and face wash from my parents.

So friends, thank you so much for helping me celebrate. I am so very blessed to have you all in my life and look forward to helping you celebrate your next birthday.

Here comes the magical year. I hope to capture as much of the magic as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment