Monday, May 26, 2008

Inspiration

Inspiration

This is my inspiration board. Every creative type person should have one . . . . somewhere to put all the images and quotes and fabrics that really stimulate your creativity. And mine is definitely lacking in recent inspiration. It's still pretty much set up around the wedding planning and if you click on the picture, it will take you to the Flickr page of the pic and all the notes I've placed on it.

The picture on the right side of the hens and chicks I actually did take today in my own patio garden and I printed it on photo paper I got at the dollar store. The dollar store!!! I try to steer clear of that store as much as possible because it is so easy to spend money there. Ohh . . . a dollar. A dollar . . . before you know it, you are spending twenty bucks in a dollar store. But I figured if the paper was crap, I'd wasted a dollar and if they were decent . . . well, it's a good find.

So far, they seem like a great find. I am going to had back to the store tomorrow to pick up a box or two more.

I love this board though . . . so of the items on it I have had around since high school, like the naked silhouette picture at the top. It was an ad in SHAPE magazine years ago and it states "Pretty is something you are born with. But beautiful, that's an equal-opportunity adjective." I think they were selling shoes . . . And there is the Robert Frost poem I hand wrote out in college and have kept on my board ever since.

What things inspire you? What colors, fabrics, smells?

No comments:

Post a Comment