Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stimulating the Economy

Way back in 2002 or early 2003, my then boyfriend and I went and bought a new television for no good reason. We didn't really have the money either, so naturally, we put it on a credit card. And just as naturally, my ex laid claim to it. It was kind of this non-game we played, where we would list the things we'd each get if/when we broke up. Since he had been the one to research the tv and had wanted it specifically for his Playstation2 and games . . . it did make sense that he'd get it. And so I laid claim to one of the two other televisions we already had which we had inherited (hand-me-downs) from his parents.

Long story short, we broke up, I moved home and took a tv with me. And have proceeded to use it for the last five years. I have no idea how old it is and I have been blessed with having no problems with it in all this time and moving it four times too. But it's out with the old and in with the new.

Our stimulus check came!!! Another perk to getting married last year was that we filed jointly and tada! Got $1200 on our stimulus check. Now, we are being insanely responsible and putting the majority of it to our bills and credit cards, but we did save a small chunk of it for a brand new HD tv. We had to put a little of the wedding money we had saved up towards it too, but at least its going to something that we use every day. The picture is so clear that Mike could make out fingerprint smudges on an answering machine on "Shaun of the Dead" when we watched it earlier. I cannot wait until I am working again and we can bump up our cable to HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment