Monday, June 16, 2008

Doing the math

Sunday, November 16th, 2008. Five months from today, to be exact. With all things going according to plan, I will be done with my hours at school, passed both my practical and written boards and be lined up with a position in a salon here in Vancouver!! By the end of the month, I should have almost half of my mandatory hours in. It's kind of crazy, because originally, I thought that this was going to be a year and a half process. But a combination of fate, luck and loving support from my family has allowed for me to put in a lot more time and I am already well on my way. I love the fact that I am going to be really doing it, really living my dream in such a short amount of time. No seven, eight or ten years for me before I get to where I want to be. Five months. An early Christmas gift.

Several of the girls at school had a countdown chain leading up to their graduation in April. We joke about how specific they were, but we all kind of are counting down the days. It's not that it's awful at school, because it's not. For me, it is night and day between my old jobs and doing this for a living. I really cannot believe that I am going to get to play like this for a living. This is so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment