Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hello . . . it's me again

How is it possible that a simple haircut can rejuvenate you and make you feel like yourself again? I really can't say, but I suspect that capturing that magic is a big part of what my career will be.

I cut another three inches off of my hair this week. That's about seven inches in the last three months, if anyone is counting other than me. I knew I wanted a certain length (this length) for awhile but when it came to biting the bullet, I couldn't do it. I had spent over two years growing out my hair; first for Mike to see it longer and then, second, for the wedding. But nearly a year post-nupitals, I knew it was time to do something bigger than just bangs.

I feel more like myself now than I have in a long time. Its weird. I didn't think I was missing anything but suddenly, it's like a switch has been turned on inside me. I'm more comfortable in my skin, more confident in the things I think, say and do. I love how I look . . . I can't remember the last time I said or even thought that.

If only all the problems in life could be solved with the right haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment