Friday, August 15, 2008

I'll be your rock, you be my anchor

Oh hi!

I'm around. No, I have not been sucked dry from the heat or beaten down by the multitude of pedicures people have been requesting this week or been entirely and utterly drawn into the Olympics (though they are probably the most riveting thing on television this week and has been primarily what we've been watching here in the Frey household.). I have been pretty preoccupied with staying on track with the diet this week, since like any race, the further you get from the starting line, the more likely you are to lose stamina and wander off course. I could blog about it on here as much as I am writing about it in my paper journal, but I would like to keep you, my beloved readers. I don't want to bore you with how completely OC (obsessive-compulsive) I can be when I really get into all of this.

I have been thinking quite a bit about what kind of a 'look' I want to carry once I am to a point that I need to buy new, smaller clothes and will have this stylish career to dress as well. There are several stores at the top of my list that I want to frequent once I am in a size I feel is worthy of shopping there (because currently, I don't love myself enough to even try on anything in them) and I eagerly look forward to the day I can comfortably shop there.

Tomorrow will be my splurge night, when I will drink up some Sarahbear time and some delicious wine as well, both of which I feel I have earned this week. Sarah is such an amazing, awesome person. There are few people I have ever met that get ME as well as she does, as quickly as she has and she is definitely an anchor who keeps me tethered to who I am when I feel like I am losing myself a bit at school. Being stuck at school every day from 9 am to 8 pm can make you feel a bit isolated from the life you used to know and her text messages throughout the day keep me centered.

All right . . . off to a cool shower and bed. I have school in the morning and the only thing about that which I am looking forward to is the crappy AC they have there. Personally, I'd rather be slathered up in sunblock and hanging out at the pool. But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment