Monday, November 24, 2008

I am beautiful on an empty page

There are moments of self-doubt. There are days where nothing I write sounds or feels right. I question the character, the plot, the dialogue. Should I really be attempting this from first person narration? Third person is so much safer. I wonder if I am crazy to even attempt this.

And then there are moments where quick line changes take a messy paragraph and transforms it into near perfection. When another piece to the story comes to me while I brush my teeth or sit at a traffic light. Where I start to see these characters as real people, with faults and flaws and details that just make you want to love them. I love them all, even the villains. You have to, to write like this.

These are the parts to writing that thrill me. Some dreams you chase, some dreams, you have to wait for them to come to you, to choose you. This is my dream. I cannot wait to see where it takes me. For now, I write this for myself and the ones who have shown interest in reading it. But who knows where it will go.

18,000 words written so far. There is still so much to put down, but I will hopefully be posting part of it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment