Saturday, December 6, 2008

Allow me to introduce

I have been so consumed in the past weeks with getting ready for, executing and passing my boards, that my novel has fallen a bit to the wayside. And while I keep it as close to the front of my head (its far more present in my mind than Christmas), I have become a bit distanced from it too, which saddens me.

Wanting to jump back in, with a tighter grasp on the entire story, not to mention the characters I am creating, I went back to the classes I took in college, and the text books I kept after selling all the useless ones back. I know there are writing exercises out there for character development and I plan to scour the Internet for them (like here, here, here and here). But also, in one of the books I had in my writer's stash, was a book with a prototype for Character profile cards. And for the first time, I made them.

You have look as these fictional characters as real people. You have to see their fatal flaws, their saving graces, and their striking features. It helps to have pictures to base them off of (at least, it does for me).



The stack of papers in the back of the shot is my story so far, printed out for editing.

You cannot even imagine how much I am loving this.

No comments:

Post a Comment