Saturday, September 12, 2009

The little things

   Things are pretty rough and bumpy right now in my world, so any little laugh is definitely appreciated. This morning before my first client arrived at the salon, I was going to get a seldom enjoyed caramel macchiato at the Starbucks inside the Fred Meyer's. On my way, I passed a boy about seven or eight years old, walking in front of an elderly woman. He caught my eye specifically because he was barefoot. 

   Just as I was passing them, I heard him say to her "Grandma, who do you think would win in a fight? My dad or a coyote?"

  "What?" She didn't even catch my eye when we passed, but I had to laugh. The best laugh I've had all day. 

1 comment:

  1. In the words of the deliciously evil Mr Burns, a-hoy-hoy! :D

    I discovered your blog 'by accident' the other week when, in a haze of NSYNC nostalgia, I decided to google FictionLyn's stories to see whether they were still up anywhere (I was a Saga 2 girl).

    Your blog came up in the search results; specifically, your "Whatever happened to FictionLyn?" post, and I was curious, natch.

    It was really interesting reading the words of someone with whom I had possibly interacted on the FictionLyn boards. I was a regular there '00-'01...for the life of me, though, I can't remember what the deuce my username was, but I think it may have been 'Nev' followed by a number. I THINK. Really not sure.

    I was the token Aussie of the boards, heh heh.

    I remember girls there like Divalicious, Gwhee, Holly McLean, It'sGonnaBeMe4JLB, etc etc.

    It was all a lot of fun and at the same time it feels like forever ago and...not.

    I actually did an all-about-NSYNC entry last night on my blog - 'twas excruciating to type it all (detailing, to an extent, what used to be an overwhelming presence in my life) but a blast nonetheless. :P

    Hope you're well and that whatever you allude to in this post re. 'rough and bumpy' isn't serious.

    All the very best...! :)

    P.S. 'Hee!' for the adorable little boy and the Coyote vs. Dad conundrum. :D

    ReplyDelete