Tuesday, December 8, 2009

WWBHMMD?

Everytime I get climb onto the elliptical (which is becoming more and more frequent as I have grown bored of the treadmill) I hit a wall at some point. A moment when I just want to give up. A moment when I start to barter with myself, telling myself if I can make to a certain time or the end of the current song, then I'll quit. Usually by the time I reach that goal, I keep pushing on to a new goal. Its all about baby steps.

But then there are the walls that seem bigger, thicker and far more difficult to climb up. And that is when WWBHMMD goes through my head. What would Bob Harper (from the Biggest Loser) make me do? What would he say at my pathetic time, speed, lack of flexibility?

I am notorious for being one of those people who always is eating while watching TBL. Why? Why do we all sit and eat while we watch people achieving their weightloss goals on tv? I can't say, but I know I am not alone. I just take comfort in the fact that the worst thing I ate tonight was hummus.

I have decided my goal is to reach my personal ideal body size, weight, shape and toning by my 30th birthday. April 24, 2011, I will be exactly what I want to look like. I plan on a Dirty Thirty trip to Vegas or somewhere equally as sinful and delicious and I will look smoking hot while there.

Its a long road, but I have allotted myself enough time to achieve it in a reasonable amount of time.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing on the eliptical.. but doesnt it feel so good to just keep on pushing ;-) I really need an Ipod though because sometimes listening to old men pant next to me gets kind of disturbing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been back on the elliptical for a few weeks now. I get to that same point - I have to MAKE myself push on. It's hard some days. I wanted a Vegas trip for my 30th, but that's a few weeks away. No time for that this year - maybe next. :)

    ReplyDelete