Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Family divided

My father forwarded some Pro McCain/Palin cartoons to my email address the other day and I sat there for a moment in disbelief that he would A. be that arrogant B. be that dense C. be that careless. He and my brother are very much Republican while my mother and I are very much Democrat.

At their house this morning, I brought his action to light. "Dad, why would you send me those silly cartoons? You know I am a Democrat, right?"

"You shouldn't be." He lifted his eyebrow with a slight smirk.

"Okay. But why would you waste your time sending me that? It's not going to change my mind to see Sarah Palin's face pasted on movie posters. I almost responded with a graphic of Obama with the word "HOPE" at the bottom, but I decided to not be so tongue-in-cheek."

"I'm sending those to all my Democratic friends. You'll change your mind as you get older. "

Ummmm . . . I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment